A robust, science-based taxonomy will accelerate investment in climate-friendly projects by establishing a common, clear and granular definition of the
Role of the GTAG
- Approach to developing a UK Green Taxonomy that is usable and practicable for financial and non-financial firms.
- UK Green Taxonomy requirements which drive informed decision-making for investors whilst placing a proportionate burden on business.
- Drawing together scientific and subject matter expertise to assist HMG in determining TSC.
- The rationale, implications and recommendations for any deviations from existing international frameworks or taxonomies.
- How to manage any data gaps.
- How the UK Green Taxonomy can best support the UK’s transition to Net Zero.
- How the taxonomy could be used to align and accelerate the delivery of wider HMG policy, including its Net Zero Strategy, Green Finance Strategy and 25 Year Environment Plan.
- The role the taxonomy could play in tracking green financial flows.
The GTAG’s role is advisory. It will feed into but not replace the Government’s policy development process, and the TSC will be subject to appropriate, open consultation prior to making. Further details about the role of GTAG can be found in the Terms of Reference.
Promoting the international interoperability of a UK Green Taxonomy
Streamlining and increasing the usability of the DNSH criteria within the UK Green Taxonomy
Developing a UK taxonomy adapted to the UK’s needs in the short and medium term: Scope, coverage and reporting considerations
Creating an institutional home for the UK Green Taxonomy: exploring options
Advice on the development of a UK Green Taxonomy
Applying the UK Green Taxonomy to wider policies: the value case and options
Operational considerations for taxonomy reporting: assessing and dealing with data gaps and the use of proxies
GTAG Final Statement
Green Finance Institute
Users of the taxonomy – Financial Services
Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change
UK Sustainable Investment and Finance Association
International Regulatory Strategy Group
Users of the taxonomy – Non-Financial Services
Confederation of British Industry
Taxonomy & Data Experts
Committee on Climate Change
Principles for Responsible Investment
Climate Bonds Initiative
FTSE Russell, London Stock Exchange Group
Academia & Subject Matter Experts
Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership
Taskforce on Nature-Related Financial Disclosures (TNFD)
University of Edinburgh
Centre for Greening Finance and Investment
Slaughter & May
- HM Treasury
- Financial Conduct Authority
- Bank of England
- Other relevant HMG departments and regulators
For media enquiries please contact email@example.com.